Program: Food Hub
Position: Food Hub Volunteer
Summary: We are looking for an outgoing volunteer who is available every Friday (except one Friday of each month for provincial cheque issue week) from 9am-1pm to help at our Food Hub.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
– Greet people as they come in, orient them to the space
– Be familiar with the hub and Gordon House programming so as to be able to answer questions or re-direct questions to the right person.
– Ride the famous ‘blender bike’: Come up with smoothie recipes, chop fruit, set up the blender bike, create smoothies with the ingredients available that week (by pedaling the bike), and hand the smoothies out to the food hub members.
– Clean up
– Be passionate about food justice and familiar with the Gordon Neighbourhood House food philosophy
– Ideally, also be available and willing to help out at the produce stand, and/or help our chef to do food preparation demos and hand out samples
Experience and Qualifications:
This is a fun, active task, requiring somebody who can work independently and who is outgoing and friendly.
Available Shifts: Friday, 9am-1pm
Supervisor: Susanna Millar
Program Start Date: Ongoing Program End Date: N/A
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the Volunteer Application Form.