Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC) is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be monitoring all public areas of the house, specifically the areas of first contact, and ensuring a welcoming, safe, and secure environment throughout. This includes, but not limited to, basic reception duties, building connections with neighbours, supervision of the building, and ensuring that the opening and closing of the building protocols are followed. This position often takes the lead in resolving conflict and deescalating potential volatile situations.
Hours: Part-time (16 hours/week) Regular hours of work are Thursday from 4:30-8pm, Saturdays from 9 am – 5 pm, and Sundays 10 am – 3:30 pm
Compensation (Starting): $15.04/hour
Reports to: Office Administrator
• Experience working with people from a wide range of socioeconomic backgrounds
• Experience with administrative duties and office equipment
• Knowledge of current social issues related to the West End community
• Well developed interpersonal skills, including both written and oral communication
• Ability to work independently and demonstrate good judgment
• Knowledge of basic windows computer programs
• Experience working in a neighbourhood house an asset
• A sense of a humour
Deadline: July 12th, 2017 (midnight)
E-mail or fax resume and cover letter to (NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE):
Jessy Scaria F a x : 604-683-4486 email@example.com
We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted
For more information about ANHBC and Gordon Neighbourhood House, please visit www.anhbc.org.
ANHBC Member Houses: Alex NH, Cedar Cottage NH, Frog Hollow NH, Gordon NH, Kitsilano NH,
Mount Pleasant NH, South Vancouver NH and Sasamat Outdoor Center