Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC) is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family.
Gordon Neighbourhood House’s Licensed Out of School Care program is looking for a permanent school age worker to co-facilitate and implement exciting and educational programming for children ages 5 – 10. The School Age Worker will be required to assist in the supervision of up to 24 children in a variety of skill-building, and stimulating activities. We are looking for interactive and positive role models who can engage with a variety of youth in a supportive environment.
Hours: Monday-Friday 2:30 – 6:30
- Post secondary education in a related field, or a combination of relevant coursework and employment experience.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team-setting.
- Ability to facilitate, implement, and modify programs for large groups of children with differing abilities.
- Experience working in a licensed facility, in a leadership role with children ages 5-10
- Effective time management, organization, and oversight of activities while working with a diverse range, age, and ability of children.
- Knowledge of behaviour management techniques
- Valid First Aid certification
- Class 4 license an asset
Only those short-listed will be contacted
This position will be posted until filled.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to:
Isabel Ashton, Child, Youth, & Family Programs Coordinator
Fax: 604-683-4486 or email@example.com (NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE)