A dynamic, diverse neighbourhood where everyone is empowered to play a role in their community.
Moving together to build connection and opportunity in our neighbourhood – for today and tommorow.
· Diversity and Inclusion: We are children, youth, adults and seniors of all ethnicities, beliefs, cultures, abilities and economic levels. We speak many languages and we are people of all sexual orientations. We seek to foster diverse, multilingual and vibrant environments that welcome and embrace all aspects of who we are.
· Respect: We are committed to honoring the dignity of each person. We act with integrity and compassion in our relationships, and we are committed to our own self-reflection and growth. We believe everyone has something to contribute and we celebrate the contributions of one another.
· Social Justice: We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to participate in social, economic and cultural life, and we are committed to advancing this vision. We seek to embed principles of social justice by applying an equity lens to our work; by fostering participation in decision-making processes and by honoring the rights of others. We are committed to learning about injustices and correcting our role within them.
- Respecting First Nations & Indigenous Peoples: We recognize that our work is conducted on Squamish, Tsleil-Waututh and Musqueam Land. We are committed to acting with respect for the history, land and laws of these Nations. We recognize the ongoing injustice toward Indigenous peoples in this country, and we are committed to meaningfully addressing the harms perpetuated against Indigenous peoples in all work we do.
- Sustainability: We are committed to fostering just and sustainable relationships with the natural world.
· Innovation and Creativity: We nurture joyful environments that encourage new ideas, initiatives, and the use of everyone’s talents and strengths. We focus on the process, rather than the product. We take risks and think outside the box. We celebrate the growth and efforts of each other.
· Organizational Excellence: We are committed to loyalty to one another and our shared vision; to upholding and supporting our roles, responsibilities, decisions and processes; to maintaining and nurturing unity and a united front; to acting with integrity, reliability and accountability in fulfilling our commitments; and to solutions-oriented, active participation.
· Partnerships: We are stronger together. We are committed to working in collaboration with a wide range of partners in pursuit of our vision, including charitable organizations, foundations, businesses, business improvement associations and government.