The West End Games Night is held every other Thursday during the summer (6 events in total), in the Jim Deva Plaza from 6:00-9:00pm. The Coordinator is responsible for managing the: set-up (one hour before the event), event hosting, and take-down (one hour after the event). We anticipate the Coordinator role will involve 10 hours per week: 5 hours on the day of the event, and 5 hours scheduling and promoting.
COORDINATOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Liaise with City staff, community partners, and neighbours
– Recruit, train, schedule, coordinate, and recognize volunteers
– Manage promotions and social media platforms
– Set-up and tear-down event: games cart, bistro tables and chairs, and jumbo-sized game activations
– Schedule one local musicians per evening ($50 honorarium/per event)
– Set-up speakers and power cords for musicians
– Manage budget, purchase supplies, and distribute volunteer food and drinks
– Relieve volunteers and loan out board games at mobile games cart
– Inform participants about Young Ideas and Gordon Neighbourhood House
– Ensure the space is accessible and event is inclusive of everyone.
– Take photos and videos at event
– Recruit participants to play board games and jumbo-sized games (giant Jenga, six-sided table tennis)
– Solve any potential issues with tact and diplomacy
– Record attendance and administer surveys
IDEAL COORDINATOR QUALIFICATIONS
– Must be a team player who can adapt to change and maintain a positive attitude
– Must be welcoming, engaging, and represent the organization professionally
– Must be enthusiastic and outgoing with a passion for games, placemaking, and community events
– Must possess good verbal and written communication skills. Additional languages are an asset!
– Preference for individual(s) who can attend all six events
– Must be at least 19 years of age
– Comfortable volunteering outdoors, and standing or sitting for extended periods
– Able to lift or move equipment with a partner: folding chairs, folding tables, games cart, giant jenga, etc.
DEADLINE: Until Position(s) Filled
CONTACT: Young Ideas Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-683-2554 ext. 210