Serves 8 pieces of Bread
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup warm water
1 tsp salt
2 tsp dry yeast
1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Combine half the water (1/4 cup), yeast, salt and oil into a medium bowl.
- Add 1 cup of flour and mix with spoon.
- Add the remaining 1 cup of flour and 1/4 cup of water.
- Use your hands to mix until it forms a ball of dough. Leave in a warm place covered for 1 hour.
- Form the dough into a log and cut it into 8 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball. Leave it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Flatten the dough using a rolling pin or empty glass bottle.
- Cook each piece on a hot dry pan on medium heat, about one minute per side (depending on temperature). Flip when you see pockets of air forming (see video).