Internal/External Job Posting
Clean Team Member
Gordon Neighbourhood House is an equal opportunity employer. Respect for the dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace is fundamental. Our organizational values are anchored in the importance of diversity, fairness and trust.
Do you have a strong sense of community pride? Are you committed to improving the quality of life in your neighbourhood? Do you enjoy working outdoors? If so, you might be the next member of The Clean Team!
The Clean Team is the product of a partnership between the West End Business Improvement Association (West End BIA) and Gordon Neighbourhood House. Team members are responsible for sidewalk and street cleaning as well as graffiti and poster removal on the streets of the West End BIA: Robson, Denman, and Davie. Crew-members are also responsible for conducting routine litter audits on these streets.
The suitable candidate should be comfortable working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions, talking with the public about the program’s goals and project partners, and performing all duties in a professional manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean the sidewalks/streets of the West End BIA and the exterior property of the Gordon Neighbourhood House property
- Fill out daily recording charts (ie. Amount of litter picked-up, location of needles/casings found, etc.)
- Compile daily recordings into a monthly report – every 2 weeks
- Conduct monthly litter audits
- Keep track of Clean Team supply inventory and notify the Operations Manager and/or the supervisor if supplies need to be purchased
- Fill out inventory chart to inform supervisor of any broken equipment and what needs replacing/replenishing
- Maintain and clean the carts that are used to collect litter
- Ensure the cleanliness and general upkeep for your uniforms (vests, hats, jackets)
- Interact with local business owners and community members in a positive and respectful manner to develop relationships and increase awareness of GNH and WEBIA
- Supervise volunteers during our “Days of Caring” and community cleanup events
- Attend workshops/events provided by Gordon Neighbourhood House
- Attend monthly Clean Team meetings
- Work together and respect other Clean Team members
- Give appropriate notice to your supervisor for any absences
- Enthusiastic, friendly demeanor with strong interpersonal skills.
- Physically fit and able to fulfill all duties and responsibilities as outlined.
- Solid work ethic, dependable, and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility in schedule. Ability to work weekends as required, and to cover shifts on short notice.
Compensation: $15.91/hour + 6 % in lieu of vacation pay.
Hours of work: 9-1pm (12 hours) Mon/Thurs/Fri
Deadline: June 12, 2018 at 5pm
We thank all that apply but only those short-listed will be contacted. Please email your application to email@example.com with a resume and cover letter attached. Please also include ‘Clean Team Application’ in the subject line.