Internal/External Job Posting
Community Development Officer (Food)—Canada Summer Jobs Program (you must be eligible for this program to apply for this position)
Job Title: Community Development Officer (Food)
Number of Hours per Week: 35-40
Number of Positions Available: 1
Anticipated Start Date: January 4th, 2021
Contract Length: 8 weeks (until February 26th, 2021)
Hourly Wage: $17.12
Gordon Neighbourhood House is an equal opportunity employer. Respect for the dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace is fundamental. Our organizational values are anchored in the importance of diversity, fairness and trust. Job Description The Community Development Officer (Food) will support general programs at our organization, with a particular emphasis on Gordon Neighbourhood House’s (GNH) commitment to a fair, just, and equitable food system. The Community Development Officer (Food) will work closely with our team to support initiatives that increase access to food, and highlight the importance of food in our community. In addition to office work, this role will involve approximately 14 plus hours of hands-on kitchen work supporting our Community Chef. The role will involve aspects including: membership engagement, participant registration, outreach and communications, kitchen and food preparation support, database and records management, digital and virtual social media, fundraising and donor engagement, event coordination, etc.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Support Community Chef in our kitchen with food preparation, shopping, sanitization, and portioning to create emergency frozen meals. (We have made over 5,000 meals since May!)
• Connect with neighbours to foster relationships and better understand community needs
• Relay client questions and enquiries to appropriate program or staff member
• Register participant for programs, and assist with digital literacy and registration process
• Research community resources and identify community needs
• Data entry, filing, and conduct surveys
• Report writing, communications and social media support
• Maintain and organize inventory
• Provide office and administrative support Requirements
• Enthusiastic, friendly demeanor with strong interpersonal skills
• Physically fit and able to fulfill all duties and responsibilities as outlined.
• Solid work ethic, dependable, and able to work effectively with minimalsupervision.
• Flexibility in schedule.
Please email your resume and any supporting documents to email@example.com with ‘Community Development Officer’ in the subject line. We are committed to realizing a team that reflects our diverse community, and encourage all eligible applicants to apply. We appreciate your interest in our organization, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.