The West End Food Festival is an annual event, geographically focused on Vancouver’s West End Neighbourhood. Since 2013, we’ve collaborated with community members and organizations to put together a fun and diverse program of workshops, events and dialogues that celebrates food in the West End community.
Our main focus is to:
- Bring public attention to various issues and concerns in our food system
- Use food as a mechanism to foster social inclusion and community building
- Facilitate skill development in areas like urban farming and food preparation
All events or workshops are free and open to the public, and led by individuals or organizations in the community who can receive up to $200 for supplies and other workshop/event costs.
This year’s West End Food Festival takes place from September 21-26th, 2017. Join us for some food fun!
Schedule Now Available!
We’re extremely excited to announce our festival line-up and program schedule. There are over 25 amazing workshop and events for you to choose from, all open to the public and led by individuals or organizations in the community! Events are free unless otherwise stated.
Here’s a taste (pun intended) of what you’ll experience and learn:
- How to Plant Garlic
- Fermenting & Canning
- Making Beeswax Salves
- Home Brewing
- Sprouting Seeds
- Food Justice Workshop
Once you’ve decided which workshops and events to attend, you can register by clicking on the button below. We require registration for all workshops (unless otherwise noted).
- Community Lunches can be reserved at the Gordon Neighbourhood House Front Desk.
- Register for the West End Garden Club through the West End Community Centre – online, call (604-257-8333) or in person (870 Denman St).
- Register for the Winter Herb Gardening Workshop & Potluck through the West End Community Centre – online, phone (604-257-8333) or in person (870 Denman St).
- Parking is very limited in the West End, please transit or walk if you can!
We’re looking for people who want to help with event planning and supporting the festival between September 21-26.
Volunteering for the West End Food Festival is a great opportunity to get involved in your local food community, meet amazing people, and develop your own food skills!
Check out our Volunteer Postings.
Have questions or interested in volunteering?
Email email@example.com, or call 604-683-2554.
Follow The Festival
Let your friends & family know you’re attending the festival by following our Facebook Event Page!
Share the Food Fest on Twitter with the hashtag #WEFoodFest2017!
Follow us on Instagram for Food Fest updates!
Thank you for your Support!
A very big thank you to our many supporters and partners, in particular our presenting sponsor Vancity Credit Union.
- Vancouver Foundation
- City of Vancouver
- United Way
- Health Initiative For Men (HIM)
- Whole Foods
- Community Food Centres Canada
- Young Ideas
- West End Neighbourhood Food Network
- Village Vancouver
- West Bank
- Spencer Chandra Herbert
- Roedde House Museum
- Homestead Junction
- West End Community Centre
- Vancouver Farmers Market
- Golden Choice Market
- Bloom Group
- Check Your Head
- Fare Kitchen Literacy
- Growing Chefs!
- Friends For Life
- Curbside Market