Program: Community Lunch
Position: Volunteer Vegan Chef
Are you looking to gain more experience working in a kitchen? Do you have experience with vegan cooking or looking to improve your culinary skills? We are looking for an awesome chef who can cook our Monday vegan lunches. Gordon House strives to provide dignified access to affordable, nutritious and delicious food to our neigbourhood which is why we serve lunches from Monday to Thursday every week. Monday is one of our pay-what-you-can meals, so anyone is welcome regardless of their financial situation.
This is also a great opportunity for someone to gain experience leading a group of volunteers and preparing a meal that serves ~30 people.
Potential for an honorarium.
- Prepare a vegan meal for our Monday lunch that fits within our budget
- Delegate tasks to volunteers
- Socialize with lunch guests
- Purchasing produce
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in vegan cooking
- Food Safe Certification
- Culinary experience in a commercial kitchen
- Ability to lead and manage a volunteers
- Resourceful with a limited budget
- Sense of humour
- Mondays from 10am-2pm
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the Volunteer Application Form.