As we pivoted our seniors programming to online, we welcomed a few new programs, including a cooking class with our TAPS program assistant, Stephanie.
Our classes take place every Monday at 2pm over Zoom. Following our Food Philosophy, we want to increase community capacity building by cooking culturally-diverse meals and increasing food literacy. Stephanie cooks plant-based meals as they reduce our greenhouse gases impact on the environment but encourages the seniors to customize and add in any extra proteins or other foods that they would like and have the ability to do so. The seniors are able to learn new skills and cook alongside while asking questions or simply just watch as a cooking show!
Here’s our menu of recipes we’ve cooked so far:
- Sweet potato, carrot and ginger soup
- Salad rolls with peanut sauce
- Thai red curry
- Aloo gobi
- Falafel with fresh pita
- Daal with spinach and roti
- Moroccan-styled stew with sweet potato & cauliflower
- Gado Gado (Indonesian salad with peanut sauce)
- Tom Kha Gai soup (Thai coconut soup)
- Chinese Dumplings
- Pad Thai
Enjoy (and try not to get too hungry!) meal pictures from our participants: